- - http://growharvestcook.com.au -
cook | tamarillo
By MANDY SINCLAIR
2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
1 tbsp demerara sugar
6 poached tamarillos (see recipe above)
½ cup mascarpone
½ cup thick cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cut 8 x 9cm rounds from pastry. Place on prepared trays and sprinkle over demerara sugar. Bake for 15 mins, until golden. Cool on trays.
3. Remove tamarillos from syrup, cut into quarters, lengthways and set aside. Simmer syrup for 5 mins, until thick. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
4. Mix together mascarpone, thick cream and icing sugar. Place one pastry disc onto each serving plate. Top with a dollop of mascarpone mixture and a couple of tamarillo pieces. Repeat layers finishing with tamarillo. Drizzle over syrup. Serve immediately.
Take care when cutting and handling tamarillo’s as the juice will stain fabric.
Deep fried brie with tamarillo cutney
Cut 150g wheel of brie into 4 wedges. Dip each into wedges in a little beaten egg then roll in panko breadcrumbs to coat. Repeat this process 3 times. Refrigerate for 1 hr. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan or deep fryer until a cube of bread sizzles on contact. Deep fry brie for 1-2 mins, until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with tamarillo chutney. (See recipe)
Photography by SUE STUBBS | Blog designed by RED PEPPER GRAPHICS
Article printed from : http://growharvestcook.com.au
URL to article: http://growharvestcook.com.au/2013/01/24/cook-tamarillo/
Copyright © 2010 . All rights reserved.