- - http://growharvestcook.com.au -
cook | nectarines
By MANDY SINCLAIR
150g butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup icing sugar
1¾ cup plain flour, sifted
½ cup ground almonds
300g nectarines, halved, stones removed, cut into thin wedges
10 butternut biscuits, crumbled
Thick cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Grease and line base and sides of 20cm square pan, overhanging sides with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and icing sugar together until creamy. Add flour and almonds and stir until mixture forms a crumble.
3. Reserve 1 cup of crumble. Press remaining over base of prepared pan. Top with nectarine wedges. Add biscuits to reserved crumble and gently mix to combine. Scatter crumble over nectarine and bake for 35 mins, until golden. Cool in pan.
4. Cut into squares and serve with thick cream.
use peaches in place of nectarines or a mixture of both.
Maple glazed nectarines
Quarter 6 nectarines and remove stones. Melt 20g butter in a large frying pan on medium. Add nectarine wedges and cook for 3-5 mins, turning, until softened slightly. Add 2 tbsp maple syrup and simmer, swirling pan occasionally, for 1-2 mins, until golden and well coated. Serve nectarines drizzled with syrup and topped with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Photography by SUE STUBBS | Blog designed by RED PEPPER GRAPHICS
Article printed from : http://growharvestcook.com.au
URL to article: http://growharvestcook.com.au/2013/02/14/cook-nectarines/
Copyright © 2010 . All rights reserved.